Animated Banner

Animated Banner
Cyber Generation For Better Future

Ads

Popular Article

Sunday, May 6, 2012

DVD-ROM Read My CD As Audio

Today's lunch is a problem with my DVD ROM... well, it's quite old but still works fine. I have a bunch of unknown CDs and DVDs (those without cover), and then I tried one by one....

After couples of CD, I found my Wav CD Collection which stores many of pictures, wav files and videos. I tried it once and it reads fine, then I tried the other CDs...

After awhile, I decided to try replacing my Windows Sound effect with those wav in that CD, BUT.....

Its CD's Type turn into Music and when I open it, only single file remains "Track00.cda"

Oh my.... something is wrong.... Then I tried other CDs which are I already know what inside, but all give me the same results....

Then next step is tried to the other DVD device (my DVD-RW). And it seems all my CDs were just fine.. so, the problem remains is what happened to my DVD-ROM?

Here is the way  I recovered it:

1. Right Click on My Computer, Choose Properties (Or From Control Panel, Choose System

2. On System Properties Window, click on Hardware tab, Then Click on Device Manager.

Choose Device Manager

3.  It'll bring you to Device Manager Window, then expand the DVD/CD-ROM devices list, and then disabled the problematic Device. (Warning: if you have more than 1 DVD devices, you should at least know which one it is)


4. Then Restart the whole system and re-open the Device Manager Window once again.

5. In the Device Manager Window, search for the disabled DVD device, then Choose UPDATE DRIVER first, let it search for drivers (if your device need a driver, it'll found and install some, but if it didn't need one, it'll won't give you anything, just proceed to the next step).

6. After the update driver or if it didn't find any driver, then right click on your DVD device and choose Enabled. Now try to insert your CDs. 

This steps fixed mine.... I hope it works for you too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment